This vegan curry recipe was a firm favourite with my customers when I ran Glow, a plant based meal delivery service.
This is such a child friendly recipe, my two lap it up and you can be safe in the knowledge you are providing a healthy, nutritionally balanced meal.
Chickpeas are a great source of fibre which can really help digestion, they are also a good source of protein and nutrients including iron. For people hoping to drop a bit of weight recipes including chickpeas can be beneficial as they are low calorie and keep you feeling fuller for longer thanks to the fibre and protein they contain.
It’s really tasty, dead easy to make and freezes well if you decided to batch cook.
I love it served with half rice, half chips and a whopping big garlic and coriander naan bread for a perfect Saturday night fake away. Or keep it super healthy without the bread and chips…….
If you are pushed for time and baking breads is the last thing you feel like doing, there are some fantastic vegan naan breads out there, often discovered in your local corner shop, Morrison’s also stock these too. The brand is Clay Oven Bakery and you get two huge naan breads for £1.49.
Vegan Chana Masala
Prep Time – 5 minutes
Cooking Time – 10 minutes
2 tins of chopped tomatoes
2 tins chickpeas- drained and rinsed
1 tin of coconut milk
3 cloves garlic – minced
2 white onions – sliced
1 Lime – squeezed
1 tablespoon of coconut oil
1.5 tablespoons of garam masala
1 tablespoon of curry powder
1/2 teaspoon of cumin
Small bunch of coriander
Salt and pepper to taste
1. Heat the coconut oil in a saucepan
2. Fry off the onion until golden brown
3. Add the chopped tomatoes and garlic and cook for five minutes, stirring occasionally.
4. Add the spices and cook off for a few minutes
5. Add the chickpeas and stir well.
6. Finely chop the coriander. Add the chopped stalks at this point.
7. Add the coconut milk and stir well, allow to simmer for five minutes.
8. Taste and season with salt and pepper.
9. Add the squeezed lime and taste again.
10. Finish with the remaining coriander.
Serve with or without a side order of Jim Dog 🐶
Enjoy and thanks so much for reading! I’d love to hear your feedback on this recipe.
Please do give my page a follow on social media, all links are below.
You can also sign up to receive email updates from the House of Herbivores blog, just scroll to the bottom of the page 👍🏻